Friday, March 21, 2014

March Break Work/Fun Trip

With March Break in full swing, Sara, Logan and I headed up to Hunstville which would be my base for work/play in Northern Ontario for the week. As usual we camped out at Deerhurst Resort.


Logan loved the bench and table ice sculpture out front. The resort made some improvements - fixed up the pool, free snowshoe and cross country equipment to use, indoor climbing and arcade area. They also had 5k of groomed cross country ski trails on site.

In order to take on a busy work/play day one needs a good breakfast. I must say my breaky looked and tasted stellar!

Sara, on the other hand, opted for poached eggs, or as I like to call them - horse testicles. Not a good look.

The other neat thing about the availability of ski equipment at Deerhurst was the ability to take it offsite to Arrowhead Provincial Park for some extended cross country fun. Not only that they had a gnarly tubing hill which Logan and I fired down. It's funny they have a 20K speed limit posted because we easily doubled that on the way down.

Check out the morning sky. Ironically back home it was a complete whiteout snow storm.
 
Some sights from the trails at Arrowhead.

Heavenly. I substituted some cross country for my usual runs in preparation for the Bay Race but the mixing it up is always fun. A couple more weeks til race day and we'll see what happens - looking forward to it!
 
Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment