Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October is Awesome!

What a time of year here in Canada. Fall is now making its mark and the leaves are starting to change colour and the temperatures are mild. Nice! October is also Thanksgiving in Canada. I could use the long weekend because I'm peaking for Ironman Florida in early November. Florida will be interesting because of the following: I've never done a flat Ironman, I've never done a Fall Ironman, and I've never done 2 Ironmans in a year (did Placid July 28th). Should be fun.


The other awesome thing about Thanksgiving weekend is that the Hawaii Ironman is on October 12th - Booyah! My usual plan is to set up the race live coverage on the big screen and tune in throughout the day as the excitement unfolds. I love following the top pros  and seeing who decides to take risks and who blows up.

Kailua Bay is spectacular.






Alii Drive and the finish line. With the long weekend I will go long in swim, bike and run as well as I enter my big week for Ironman Florida. Lovin it!!
 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment