Saturday, September 22, 2012

Regina, Saskatchewan

Ok, who steamrolled this place?!! I went to Regina for the Urology Nurses of Canada Annual Conference. It was my first time to Saskatchewan and I was excited to check it out. One of the nice things about my job is that I get to go to places I met otherwise not normally go to. Above is a pic as we were landing - flat farmland as far as the eye could see.

A picture from my hotel room of downtown Regina. Regina is a clean city with a beautiful park surrounding a manmade lake. It was easy to get around and the people are nice and laid back.

Upon arrival I unpacked and went for a run. Pictured here is Wascana Lake. It had a nice path around that totalled 5k. The trails continued to follow the river on both sides and also passed the university.


This was the only "hill" I encountered during my 5 mile run. The other interesting thing about Regina and, I'm sure all of Saskatchewan, is their love for their football. The Roughriders rule here and everyone has some sort of Roughrider wear or paraphenalia. Go Green! Anyway, it's quite chilly here as I get ready to leave and I'm looking forward to getting home. Have a good one!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment