Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chop Wood, Carry Water

"Houston, we have a dork siting!" There's a phrase used by Simon Whitfield and a lot of the tri community out west in Victoria - "chop wood, carry water." The phrase signifies that consistent daily work, over time, will take you to where you want to be. Since the holidays ended I am doing just that. I'm going on vacation in early March and I'd like to be 7 lbs lighter for the trip. The only way to do it is eat right and exercise consistently - no real big secret there! With this in mind I want to run 4-5 times per week and ride 3 times per week. Since I'm not riding outside that means spending quality time on the trainer in my Dungeon of Excellence!

My scottish friends call me "Leggy McChunky" and that's no yolk (look in the background)
I've got the sweat platform in place.
The old Cannondale Road bike locked into the cyclops trainer.
And fluids to keep me hydrated.
Today I got a hilly 10k run in - the weather was damp and cool but still dry - awesome!
The road to excellence is long and lonely but the journey is worth it - dork philosophy.
Take me to your leader!
Basking in the glory of a job well done! Hilly 10k complete in 50 minutes. Another workout in the bank - I can feel the poundage melting off. Why do I crave a beer?!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment