Have the happiest of holidays and may 2011 be a phenomenal year for y'all!!
Does the Beast celebrate Christmas? Answer - Yes, right from the get-go
With Sheila Ceko!
Who doesn't get excited about reindeer games
Hey Sara, isn't that Peter Ames?!
It's a fun time of year when everyone makes a wish
For dinner I would like Susan's yummy sweet potato dish!
So here's hoping your Christmas is full of good times and glee
Hey Evan, enjoy your naughty "present" from Dee
If I haven't stirred things up enough, here's another primer
How about some new race wheels for Reimer?!!
YOU KNOW YOU’RE A TRIATHLETE WHEN...
1. When asked, how old you are you answer 20-24.
2. When asked how long your training was today you answer: three to four hours.
3. Your training is more limited by available time then how far you can run.
4. Your first thought when you wake up is how high your rest HR is.
5. You go for a run even though there's a thunderstorm and you enjoy being wet and dirty.
6. You think it's natural to do your 'business' behind a tree in the woods.
7. You go for a 5 km cool-down run after a 5 km race just so that you can call it a training session.
8. You consider work “regeneration time” between training sessions.
9. That “something hard” between your legs is usually a pull buoy.
10. You have a water bottle when you drive your car.
11. You've forgotten how to drink out of cups.
12. You spend your 2 weeks annual vacation at a training camp.
13. You know inside out how much Protein each energy bar has.
14. You seriously consider applying for citizenship in Tonga, Jemen or Tschad so that you can participate in the Olympic games.
15. People praise you for being able to run 15 miles, but you feel insulted.
16. In the summer your legs are smoother than your girlfriend's.
17. In the winter your legs are still smoother than your girlfriend’s.
18. You need a picture for a job application and you only have race pictures.
19. You use running T-shirts to clean your bike.
20. That charming "cologne" you wear to work is chlorine.
21. You take more showers in a locker room than at home.
22. 6:30 am is “sleeping in.”
23. The dog runs and hides when you get the leash.
24. You think there are only two seasons during the year: racing and off.
25. You shave way too many body parts for a guy.
26. You can't change the oil in your car but you can completely rebuild your bike in 45 minutes.
27. You spend more $ on training and racing clothes then work clothes.
28. You spend 7 days going to 8 stores in 4 towns before buying a pair of running shoes but you take 1 afternoon to go to 1 car dealership and walk out with a new car 4 hours later.
29. When you see some lady watering her flowers and ask her if you can borrow the hose for a minute so you can fill up your water bottles.
30. You clean your bike more often than your car.
31. You've been stung be a wasp or bee in your mouth but carried on running or cycling because "your split times won’t go down by themselves."
32. Your car smells like a locker room.
33. You have everything needed in your car to be swimming, biking or running with 5 minutes notice.
34. When asked to mow the lawn in 90 degree heat, you say that it’s too hot to do that (and you mean it) and then an hour later you go on a century ride because it’s so nice out.
35. You tell your co-workers that you are going to "do a long brick" on Saturday and just expect that they know what you are talking about.
36. When a co-worker asks if you are racing this weekend, you say "yeah, but I'm just running a 10k, so that is not REALLY a race".
37. You consider you bike saddle your "couch."
38. You consider Clif Bars as one of the four food groups.
39. You are sick to your stomach at 2:00 in the morning and check the back of the Pepto Bismol bottle for caloric content and grams of carbohydrates, fat and protein.
40. You have plenty of water bottles, safety pins, and t-shirts.
41. You have trouble keeping lunch under 2000 calories.
42. You usually wake up at 4:00 in the morning but do not get to work until way after 9:00.
43. You like going swimming the day after a race with the permanent penned number still visible on your legs and arms because the feel like a medal.
44. Your car has at least one Power Bar wrapper and two sets of work out clothes!
45. You have a $3000 bike strapped on top of your $1500 car.
46. Your laundry continually smells like someone locked the cat in overnight.
47. Instead of Marie Clare, People, and Cosmo, you have piles of Runner's World in your bathroom.
48. You leave your apartment or house in the morning with your swim bag on one arm, bike on one shoulder, a change of clothes in another bag, and your running stuff in another bag in case you can get away at lunch for a workout.
49. You wave at other cyclists, because all triathletes are friendly and if they are not, they are probably purist cyclists trying to get into triathlons and they do not know that triathletes are friendly.
50. You have not one, not two, but three permanent chain ring scars on your right calf.