Thursday, July 4, 2013

Explore New Trails

I'm currently in Sault Ste Marie for work and I love running in new places. Time goes by as you explore new terrain. After a nice 3600m swim at the John Rhodes Pool (awesome facility!) I went to Fort Creek Conservation Area for a run. I call this route the Bridge Run as you go over several bridges of various lengths. The trail I took is the Hub Trail which is a paved bike path that winds through the conservation area and up around the hospital. It's hilly in parts and the scenery is great. I did an out and back to the trail's end and then a second out and back over the bridges for a total of 10.25 miles. If you ever find yourself in this area check it out - you won't be disappointed.

Bridge 2

Bridge 3 - the longest at about 75m

View from Bridge 3

Bridge 4

View from Bridge 4

Start of the trail. Love summer!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment